Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Going Home

So, my picture of a key was a not so subtle hint that we have purchased a house!  A new home and all that moving entails is always exciting, but our house has an extra bit of excitement attached.  It isn't in Ohio. It is in Texas!  We are going home!!!

If you have been a reader for a while you know that last fall we moved from Texas to Ohio to be with hubby's father as he fought pancreatic cancer. Even though we only got to have a few months with him, I know in my heart that we made the right decision. I would not trade those months for anything.  After he passed, we started thinking about what the future would hold for us. Although we loved having our Ohio family (especially our precious nephews) close, we both felt that Ohio wasn't the place for us. The cold, wet winter was very hard (we both have arthritis thanks to old Army injuries), and most of our friends and our professional network was back in Texas. So, after a very short discussion we decided to move back.

I now find myself moving halfway across the country for the second time in less than a year. Luckily our amazing real estate agent was able to find us a great house. That is pretty darn amazing when you consider that we flew down for one week-end to look at properties!  I am also blessed with my job situation. The company that I worked for before the move to Ohio kept me on an a contractor when we moved north, and as soon as I told them I was moving back they cleared out a cubicle for me and are welcoming me back with open arms. 

Hubby is already in Texas getting things set up there. I am closing up our Ohio life and will be driving down in less than 10 days.  I am exhausted and overwhelmed, yet still so excited that I can't hardly stand it.


Texas, here  I come! 


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! So exciting! That's awesome girl! Texas welcomes you back! Where in Texas will you be moving to??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. I'd love to hear from you!