Sunday, June 29, 2014

Life Amongst The Chaos

Aargh!  My life is nothing but chaos these days. Between trying to get unpacked, adjusting to being back in the office, the longest commute I've had in a dozen years, and a very large project at work my head is just spinning.

It is ridiculous how far behind I am with unpacking and putting things away. The movers did a lousy job with labeling boxes, so looking for anything specific is just hit or miss. We are still using disposable silverware because I can’t find the box with our real stuff.  Every box seems to have a crazy mishmash of stuff in it, and they apparently labeled every one of them “purses”. I swear I don’t have enough purses to fill up that many moving boxes.

Work has also been crazy. We have a very large software roll-out coming up on July 4 week-end.  I’m really lucky that I’m not directly involved, but I do pick up some of the slack and do some testing. I've also been working on making the changes that our e-mailing marketing program has to make because of Canada’s new anti-spam laws. We started on that a little late, so I’m up to my eyeballs in Canadian emails.

I’m not even going to talk about the commute. I whined about that in my last post, so I won’t bore you with it again.  I’m doing better with the commute, but the getting up early thing is still really challenging.

Right now I’m just really hoping I can make it through the next 4 days. If I can make it to the week-end we will have the roll-out and whenever I’m not working on that I can hopefully work on unpacking and organizing. Doesn't look like there are any cook-outs or fireworks in my future, but I’ll gladly trade them just to get through the crazy chaos of the last few weeks.

Thanks for listening to me whine!



2 comments:

  1. Oh no I've totally been where you're at. That's the worst. Hang in there it's just a season. But feel free to complain all you want about a long commute. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. I'd love to hear from you!